6/30/08

A poem from a dear friend

My bestfriend back home wrote me a letter one day during my college days. We've been best buddies since elementary. We seldom see each other then since I was studying in Cebu and she's in Davao. In her letter enclosed a poem which I kept for years. I sorted my things last night and found the letter in a box. Here's what the poem says...


I'll Remember

when you put yourself to sleep tonight
in a slumber where it is fluffy and right.
with pillow so soft to hug and caress
and a blanket to cover even your inner self.
please think of me and pray to Him
to take care of you and your family.
kneel your knees down to the floor
talk to Him like all the time is yours.
remember me then as your friend
i'm always here if you need a shoulder
to cry on when you feel all alone.
i'll laugh with you on your happy days
i'll cry with you on your saddest dreams.
even if we're miles apart
your presence will always in my heart.
your voice i know i will miss
but knowing you're alright is a relief.
when you walk up and feel so weary
the morning is cold like a winter breeze.
just close your eyes and think of something
to wash away those unwanted feelings.
i care for you like you are a treasure
that i could never show just to anybody.
i know it'll be a mistake not to care
to my friend who's with me through the years..

Thanks for this heart-warming poem. I miss you friend.. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment