6/12/08

What dreams are made of..

I have a house mate before who knows how to interpret dreams. Every time I have dreams, I would tell her the whole story then she tells me the meaning of it. I have this funny dream which I could still vividly remember. It goes like this..

I was in the jungle (I thought I was, at first). Huge trees were everywhere, vines hanging from branches to branches that look like exotic curtains. I and my friends were crawling into a big hole that looks like giant crab hole. At first, I have no idea why we’re doing it. We kept on crawling and crawling. I was the first in line. Suddenly, I felt there’s something moving in there, moving in our direction. I stopped, not taking my gaze away from the dark portion of the hole. As the moving entity became closer and closer, I saw a long, glossy scaled skin thing with a pair of beaming red eyes. Shit! A gigantic snake’s crawling towards us! I screamed! Screaming to the others to backed off! We hurriedly got our asses away from that venomous snake. When we were outside, swarms of bees were attacking us. We ran towards the lake (which was probably around a few meters away from the hole, I didn’t realized it was there until we went out from the hole). The giant snake wasn’t after us anymore, but the bees were. We hid underwater for minutes, using a long straw-like thing to breathe in the surface. (Remember My Girl movie? That’s the exact picture of the lake and everything. Well minus the snake of course.) If you want to know, where we got it that straw thing? I have no idea; it’s just there, in an instant. Hehe

A couple of minutes later, we got out from the water. The bees were gone. When we were in the ground, I noticed all of us were dressed in cargo pants and black shirts printed with four-letter acronym at the back. The print says S.W.A.T. (Remember SWAT? That’s exactly it.. hehe). We’re walking in the jungle, with muddy boots, weapons in our hands, grenades in belts. Then, we saw an old house somewhere in the forest. The house happened to be our ancestral home. By the time we reached the house, the backdrop changed. We’re now in our province in Davao. Again, snakes were everywhere, of different sizes and colors. (you’ve seen Anaconda?) We kept on shooting them, killing as many as we can. They’re pestering the town. Many people have died because of numerous snakes attacked. Its like human became their primary prey. And that’s our mission—to end that menace. I happened to be the leader of the crew. As I looked around, looking for the rest of my team, I was shocked by the head counts. It trimmed down from 10, to 5. I saw it right in front of my eyes when a huge snake appeared and swallowed one of my men whole. I was so desperate to save him; I shot it, threw grenade on it but its no use. I tried to chase the snake but my crew stopped me. Because of that, I went hysterical. I was so mad. So mad that all the doubts, all the fears inside me melted away. I didn’t care if I’ll die there. I didn’t care if I get eaten by those damned snakes. There’s only one thing in my mind, and that’s to KILL THEM ALL. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!

A huge snake was chasing us (there were two of us left, by that time. I don’t know what happened to the rest). We kept on running, passing familiar houses (we’re still in Davao, remember?). I was leading him (the one left with my team was a guy, I don’t know his name, at first, but I’m sure I’ve seen him somewhere) towards a narrow alley in between houses. There were blockades made of thin-squared wires. There’s a paved deep-well, too. We’re still running towards the narrow alley when a snake appeared in front of us and again, yes, it swallowed the last of my crew! While still in the snake’s large mouth, he struggled to get out of there. He fought the snake so hard, and they fell into the well. Well, I thought they did. I ran into the well as quickly as I could. There they were, clutching their selves to death. His right hand holding the army knife stabbed vertically at the snake’s lengthy neck while his left hand dreadfully grasping the top of the well. He was shouting at me to kill them both. I held his hand. I held it as much as I could, pulling him out. I wanted to save him. I could never forgive myself if another soul rests in my hands. I thought of every ways I could to save him. I was running out of time. His hand was slipping with mine. Just in time, a local town’s man appeared handing a jungle bolo over to me. I slit the snake’s neck, so I could free his body from the snake’s throat. The man helped me pulled his body out of the well. His body was covered with slimy thing from the throat of that beast. Indeed, I saved him. End of our mission.

Though our mission had ended, my dream didn’t stop just there. Hehe.. Honestly! So we went back to our headquarters located in the middle of a super-duper wide baseball-like field. There were army camps everywhere. There’s a group of soldiers wearing camouflage uniforms marching in circles. There were tanks, men carrying mortars, trucks loaded with soldiers ready to deploy in battles (like from a scene of Saving Private Ryan ) and there were us. In our camp, we’re celebrating the victory of the mission we just had. I don’t know, but I received pats at the back from a couple of men (of higher ranks because of the number of badges, pins and stars they have in their uniforms) who showed up. Giving me praises, and stuff.. you know.. I thought there were only two of us left from that mission but when I went outside, my whole crew were all there! Waiting for me! Funny, huh?! Hehehe.. The guy I saved from that snake in the well? Well, he thanked me for what I did. He was wearing a cargo pants, black belt, and army boots. And..hmmm.. nothing on top, only his dog tag. I couldn’t help but stare in his bare muscular chest, broad shoulders, fine biceps.. I always knew he looks so so so familiar but I didn’t know where I’ve seen him before, not yet. Its probably from my other dreams, which I prefer not to talk about. Hehe.. or it could be somewhere else. So back to where I was, my gazing pleasures were halted when he said something. He was saying we were asked to go to the General’s office for another mission. Oh well, I thought it was something else. And so we did.

After we got the details of our so-called mission, we went inside an extra-huge gazebo. By the time we’re already inside it, I noticed it wasn’t just a gazebo. It was a giant spaceship; a super-huge space shuttle packed with so many people from that town where we just had our mission. Now it turned out that it was the General who’s behind all of the killings. The snakes and all. It was all his idea. We were used, and we didn’t have any single clue of it. The last thing he wanted was to bring all these people to outer space and detonate the bomb planted in the shuttle. He wanted us to kill all these people. I tried to argue about the General’s order. We all did. We didn’t have any choice. Its either we’ll do it, or we’ll die too, with them. And so, we carried the mission, but me and my men agreed to sabotage the it. The plan? Once we were in space, we’ll try to search for the bomb and deactivate it. Then we’ll bring all the people somewhere else, anywhere far from the General’s wrath.

The shuttle took off. I was so anxious, worried that we might not able to save them. I couldn’t think straight. I took a seat, then stood up, walked a couple of steps, and then back to my seat again. The guy ahead of me told me to relax. I didn’t look at him, but I know he’s the guys I saved earlier. I was seated behind him clutching my sweaty hands, he looked at smiling and said, “Ok ra ka? (Are you okay?)”. I looked at him this time, and in an instant, I recognized who he was. That’s why he looked very familiar. The guy was no other than TOM WELLING…

No comments:

Post a Comment