6/20/08

not my lucky day..


My alarm went out at 6AM sharp. My conscious mind keeps telling my lazy body to get up and get ready for work. But my hand seemed to have a mind of its own, keep turning my alarm off every time it rings. At 6:30 my head feels heavy. My entire body aches. I have difficulty swallowing. And I'm feeling slightly hot. So, I had another doze or two. 7:30... 8:00.. 8:30 and finally decided to take a half day off.

1:25PM and I'm off to work. I took a cab and along the way it rained, cats and dogs. Too bad I didn't bring my umbrella or a sweater. I was just hoping it would stop when I arrive, or at least slows down... but unfortunately, it didn't. I got out of the cab, ran as fast as I could towards the entrance of the building. But it's no use.. I'm soaked. Rain waters dripping from my wet hair to my already wet shirt. My body's felt heavier and heavier. I'm starting to feel warm... Shit! I'm having fever again. I sat down in my chair, feeling dizzy and cold. I asked my colleague if I could borrow her sweater and said yes. So I took off my shirt and put the sweater on. Everything’s good now, well I thought it would…

3:30PM and still not feeling well. I went to the pantry, filled my mug with hot choco and put it in the microwave to make it more hot. While on my way to my seat, I stopped to have a chitchat with a friend and all of a sudden one of my officemates accidentally bumped me, leaving my super-duper-hot choco thrown all over me. Unlucky me, huh?! I rushed to the women’s room to wash it away at least.


Haaay life.. I should have taken the rest of the day off and STAYED HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment